Pengaruh Rasio Magnesia-Kalsia terhadap Morfologi dan Kekuatan Tekan Aluminium Foam, Al-1000 dengan Foaming Agent Kalsium Karbonat
The vehicle weight have correlation with fuel oil consumption, increasing gas emission CO2, and global warming has encouraged the development of light materials and eco-friendly environment likes aluminium foam and magnesium alloys. This aims research is to study the fabrication of aluminium foam Al-1000 with calcium carbonate as a foaming agent and the effect of magnesia-calcia ratio as stabilizer to morphology and compressive strength. In the fabrication of aluminium foam, magnesia-calcia is established to 2% weight and varying the ratio of calcia-magnesia of 0:16 ; 2:14 ; 4:12 ; 6:10 and 8:8, and calcium carbonate is required to 3% weight fraction and operation temperature is 770oC. The results show that the higher porosity is 83.23% with relative density 0.17; pore diameter is 3.97mm, pore wall thickness is 17.39 micron, rounded is 0.84 and lowest compressive strength is 3,14 MPa occurred at magnesia-calcia ration is 0:16, while the lowest porosity is 79.38% with relative density 0.21; pore diameter is 3.71; wall thickness is 101 µm and rounded is 0.84 and compressive strength is 6.611 MPa at magnesia-calcia ratio 4:12.
2. Alfian, Kementrian Perdagangan Republik Indonesia, National Agency for export development, 2010, BPEN/MUL/XX/12/2010.
3. O.A. Hamza, A.M. Osman, A.A. Omran, Atlam and M.Kh. Moatasem, Fabrication of aluminum foam from aluminum scrap, 2015, Vol. 5, Issue 2, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA) , ISSN: 2248-9622.
4. A. Soloki and M. Esmailian, Carbonate-Foaming Agents in Aluminum Foams: Advantages and Perspectives. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, 2015, 46(2), pp. 1052-1057.
5. J. Banhart, Manufacture, characterisation and application of cellular metals and metal foams, Progress in Materials Science, 2001, 46, pp. 559–632.
6. V. Kevorkijan, Association of Metallurgical Engineers of Serbia, Maribor, Slovenia, UDC: 549.74:621.762, 2010, AMES.
7. Sutarno, S Soepriyanto, A A Korda and T Dirgantara, The Influence of silica contents to the compressive strength of the Al-7000 aluminium foam, Journal of Physics: Conference Series 739(2016)
8. A. Ibrahim, Effect of material and processing parameters on the morphology of aluminium foams produced by the PM route, Dissertation 2005.
Copyright (c) 2018 Jurnal Metalurgi dan Material Indonesia
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.